The tourist visa is most suited for either those who would like to spend their holidays in Australia or for those who would like to visit their friends or relatives there.

This type of visa offers no working permit under any circumstances, but if you wish to study for no longer than 3 months in Australia, this visa allows you to do so without having to apply for a student visa. You have the option to stay longer than 3 months, e.g. 6 months or even a year.



  • You must possess adequate financial background and be able to prove it towards the Australian government upon request (e.g. through bank account statement, employer’s certification of income, tax papers etc.)
  • You must be in good health. Your application for visa may still be denied if you are HIV positive, or infected with TB or Hepatitis type C etc.
  • You are not legally bound to have a valid health or travel insurance, but the Australian government may still require you to have one. We recommend you to take out a policy; otherwise all occurring medical expenses will have to be covered by you.
  • The visa is issued for a fee.

The visa fee is 145 AUD/applicant (outside Australia).
The visa fee is 370 AUD/applicant (in Australia).

The administration fee at CSE Australia is 29900 HUF.

If you have further questions about the Work and Holiday visa, contact our offices in Budapest or in Sydney, or visit our FAQ page.