Frequently asked questions

  • What kind of university courses are there?

    You can choose from Bachelor, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, Masters and other postgraduate courses.

  • What are the advantages of Australian university courses?

    They give you a degree completed in English, provide a competitive qualification and improve your chances for an Australian permanent visa.

  • How long are the university courses?

    Unlike the European system, in Australia there are a fixed number of subjects to complete with the time frame depending on the students. The system is shaped in a way that most Bachelor courses can be completed in 3 years, while the Masters courses within 1 or 2 years. Obtaining a Graduate Certificate usually takes 6 months and a Graduate Diploma takes 1 year.

  • What are the basic requirements to be accepted to a university course?

    You need to have a secondary school certificate and the required level of English to be able to apply.

  • Can someone apply for a university course even if they don’t speak English?

    Yes, you can, but you must attend an English language course before starting university.

  • What kind of university degree can I obtain?

    University courses are similar to the European ones. You can obtain Engineering, Medical, Law, Bachelor of Arts or Economics degrees.

  • What are my chances to obtain a permanent visa after completing a university course?

    An Australian university degree does not guarantee an automatic permanent visa, however, both the Australian employers and system of immigration exceptionally values if you have obtained a degree in Australia.

  • Do I have to give proof of my financial background if I would like to attend a course of higher education in Australia?

    Not necessarily, however, sometimes the case officer can request financial statements from Student visa applicants. In this case you will have to prove to the Australian government that you have a proper financial background to be able to subsist during your studies even if you do not take up a job. In case you need further information, get in touch with our educational advisors in our Australian head office or in our office based in Hungary.

  • How long does the evaluation of the Australian Student visas for higher education courses usually take?

    The evaluation of the Australian Student visas (Subclass 500) for higher education courses does not take longer than 15 days 75% of the time and it is done in less than 37 days 90% of the time according to the latest data of the Australian Department of Home Affairs.
    In our experience it can happen, that the evaluation takes longer than 32 days, but we often see faster administrations, too. Unfortunately there is no upper limit for the evaluation time of the Australian Student visa.

  • How can I prove to the Australian Department of Home Affairs that I possess the required financial coverage, if I would like to study in Australia?

    The easiest way to prove your financial background is with your own bank account. The required amount depends on the number of applicants (one person, a couple or a family), the length of the visa and even the type of the chosen course.
    The required amount can be in any currency, the official of the Australian government will convert the sum on the account into Australian dollars at the current exchange rate at the time of the evaluation of the visa.